Do I need to resubmit my app?
Our Apps update dynamically, any changes you make in the content section will be visible to your customer the next time they re-open the App.
However, any information stored on the phone locally or any information on the App stores can only be updated through resubmission. These changes include things such as the App Icon, Splash Screen and the App display name.
Another reason you may need to resubmit your app. Is due to Apple’s Certificate Expiry System. Apple push notifications expire after one year, once expired push notifications will fail to work on the IOS version of your app. To prevent this from happening Apple provide you with a 30-day warning email to inform you a certificate is about to expire. If you have received one of these emails please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the steps below.
How to resubmit your app
- Login to your AppInstitute account at https://cms.appinstitute.com/
- Select the app you need to resubmit.
- Once you’ve selected your app head to the build section and select the submit app page.
- Here you’ll be presented with each step in our submission process. Start with step one and make sure all of your submission data is up to date.
- Once you reach the step entitled ‘App Store Details’ In addition to making sure your developer account information is correct you’ll need to ensure we have access to your developer accounts.
- Apple: To ensure we have access to your apple account please make sure you’ve followed our guide to inviting our account. (https://support.appinstitute.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018839514) If you’ve successfully invited our account, you’ll find our ‘email@example.com’ account listed as a user within the users and access section of your of AppStore connect account.
Additionally, you’ll need to generate a new app-specific password if you’ve not generated your current one within the last 30 days. To get a app-specific password generated you can follow Apple’s Guide here.(https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397) Once you’ve got your new app-specific password replace the old one in the app-specific password field and save.
Finally, You’ll need to re-authenticate your apple account on our platform. Authentication only lasts 8 hours. This means you must complete the final step of this guide within the next hour to ensure your app has the best chance of being successfully resubmitted. To re-authenticate, click the button titled ‘Re-authenticate’ and enter the 6 digit code you received to your trusted device. If you receive an error or you do not receive a 6 digit code please contact our support team to identify the possible cause. If you’re resubmitting due to Apple’s Certificate Expiry please notify our support team once you’ve completed this step on our live chat.
- Google: To ensure we have access to your google account please make sure you’ve followed our guide to inviting our account. (https://support.appinstitute.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002839025) If you’ve successfully invited our account, you’ll find our ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ account listed as a user within the Users & permissions section of your google play developer console.
- Once you’ve updated your details you can head to the final step ‘Resubmit your app’ and click the button entitled ‘Submit App for Publication’