Follow the steps below to create your Google Play developer account. Google Play charges a $25 (approx. £17) one-time developer fee.
1. Create your Google Developer Account here: Google Play Developer Console ».
2. Sign in using an existing Google account or click "Create an account".
3. Fill out the form, and click "Next Step"
4. Add a photo (optional), and click "Create your profile"
5. Click "Get started" to get back to the Google Play Developer Console
6. Select the "Google Play Developer distribution agreement check-box" to acknowledge your agreement, and click "Continue to payment" to pay the one-time $25 (approx. £17) fee.
7. Enter your payment information, and click "Accept and continue".
8. You will receive an email from Google notifying you when your account is ready to be activated.
Note: This process can take up to a week.
9. Activate your account.